Saturday 19 March 2016

Evaluation - Skill Development

Before After

Codes and Conventions - At the start of the project, I only knew a bit about the codes and conventions of a psychological and film noir thriller film, so I did some research about what to expect in a these type of films and what they had in common. Therefore we used dark lighting and silhouette to gives a dark atmosphere.Because it is a film opening, we did not want to give too much information away,

Planning and Organisation - I think our planning and organisation is quite well, it has improved a lot  as we planned the exact date for the filming day and booked the hotel. On the filming day, we worked together very effectively and used our time efficiently, we managed to to film all of the footage in about 7 hours, which was very impressive because we only booked the hotel for 1 night, we had to work fast.

Camera Work - We didn't think much about the shot that we wanted, the only idea we had is that we are going to focus on doing close-up shots that is inspired by Dexter, as close-up shot gives a feeling of tension and suspense. On the filming day, we tried to played with the camera angles and take lots of different shot and angle, the shot that I really liked is the shot that we accidentally took which is the panning shot from the shower to the protagonist, it came out unexpectedly well.

Visual Effects - I didn't use any visual effect, even though I have learnt to do some of it in class, I don't feel as confident to do it and we thought that our opening wouldn't need visual effects as much. Therefore I only adjust the colour, saturation and contrast in some of the scene, to make each footage similar in colour, as the lighting in each place that we film had different lighting, I had to adjust the colour, so that the story goes smoothly. The contrast were adjust intensity the shadows and to make to the footage more dark and gives it a thriller film vibes.

Editing - I only had little knowledge about editing at first, but throughout the process of editing, I improve a lot, because I used final cut pro it is easier for me to edit, as I find Premier Pro to be a lot more complicated and confusing. The scene are mostly quick and only showed little bits of the daily routine, jump cut were used as well in some of the longer scene to make it more interesting.  As I had to edit the sound when there is a jump cut as well I noticed that editing is something very precise and is not something you could roughly do, The part that I found to be the most difficult is the finding sound and editing it, because the sound had to be in-sync with the footage, I also spent lots of time in finding the sound that is suited with our shot, Eyes also helped me in finding those sound, which helped me a lot.

Creative Confidence - I think that we did really well in creative confidence, as we managed to follow the storyboard and the ideas that we came up together,Even though we changed the plot quite a fews time, we managed to get a final plot and making it happen.



No comments:

Post a Comment